Although you’ve probably heard this a thousand times, it’s worth repeating: An expert witness can make or break a case. A well-prepared expert witness will certainly perform better at deposition, and significantly improve the outcome of a case. Thus preparing a professional witness is crucially important. Keep these tips in mind to prepare your expert before the deposition.
- Orient your expert witness to the law and the deposition process
- Provide the expert with all necessary materials and information
- Your expert witness needs to know all the facts of the case
- Prepare your expert witness for cross-examination
- Explain the likely goals of opposing counsel
- Don’t forget about the little things: Let your expert know when and where to appear, how many attorneys will likely be present, the anticipated length of the deposition, if the deposition will be videotaped, etc.
Fast, Easy, and Reliable — Schedule an Expert Witness with the Directory by AppearMe
The Directory by AppearMe is an online database of expert witnesses and litigation support specialists. By joining our FREE directory, attorneys and law firms gain access to more than 10,000 professional expert witnesses and litigation support specialists nationwide.
This innovative web and mobile application makes it easy to find pre-vetted expert witnesses across all disciplines (including employment, engineering, computers & technology, family & education, forensic & laboratory testing, hospitals & medical services, insurance, real estate, etc.).
It only takes a couple of minutes to start using AppearMe. Here’s our 4 step process:
- Create an account by downloading the app for FREE from the App Store or Google Play or by simply visiting our website
- Select the service type
- Browse professional witnesses by area of expertise and view their detailed profiles
- Choose the expert who meets your requirements
Aside from hiring expert witnesses and litigation support specialists, attorneys and law firms can find appearance, deposition, and freelance attorneys in a few seconds, as well as refer cases without processing fees.
To learn more about our expert witness services, please send an email to [email protected]. To reach us by phone, dial (888) 900-3080.