You are a lawyer who wants to supplement income and explore new opportunities as an appearance attorney? Great! Soon you will have more money to enjoy the finer things in life! But before you take on extra work, make sure you know what you are supposed to do as an appearance attorney! So, sit down and take a good, hard look at the main duties of an appearance attorney! We will help you understand if a job as an appearance attorney is right for you! Keep scrolling!
Appearance Attorney Should…Let’s Find Out Together!
You have your very first court appearance! You’re nervous and a bit clueless about what you are going to do. Here is what you need to know about the duties of an appearance attorney if you don’t want to look like a newbie!
- The main duty of an appearance attorney is to show up punctually on the scheduled date to represent a client on behalf of their primary attorney for a session of court without the client being present. Not to mention that attorneys requesting a special appearance will provide the court appearance attorney with some background information, copies of recently filed papers, etc).
- Court appearance lawyers are experienced legal experts who are well versed in all legal matters. So, it comes as no surprise that they are able to handle and appear for cases related to civil and criminal law, bankruptcy, family law, immigration, etc. Special appearance attorneys also appear to mediations, arbitrations, hearings, depositions, motions, trials, meetings and conferences.
- Appearance attorneys usually appear in court in order to update the judge on the case status, hand in missing documents, reschedule a hearing, etc.
- Sometimes, an appearance attorney may need to pick up the court order, which is the official proclamation by a judge defining the legal relationships between the parties to a hearing or other court proceedings.
- Finally, after the hearing, the appearance attorney is required to submit a detailed report of the outcome of the appearance.
Use AppearMe and Join the Team of Professional Appearance Attorneys!
Now, when you know the main duties of an appearance attorney, you may wonder how to find a job and make extra money, don’t you? Well, some lawyers will most likely submit tons of applications and send up-to-date resumes and cover letters to different agencies.
However, more tech-savvy lawyers know they can get a side job as a court appearance attorney within seconds! This is because there is a special appearance app for that! So, please give AppearMe a warm welcome and download it from the App Store or Google Play Store now.
No matter you are at home, out with friends, at work, at the gym, on a roller coaster, once you get verified and have an official account with AppearMe you will be able to accept appearance attorney jobs in a wide range of practice areas in Texas, Nevada, California, New York, New Jersey, Florida or Illinois within minutes thanks to this smartly designed legal tool! Once the attorney of record posts appearance attorney jobs, all registered users (including you) will get emails and push notifications. But make sure to act fast and accept the job offer as soon as possible. That’s it! You’re done. Good luck!
Lastly, you will get paid right after closing the appearance and sending a brief report to the attorney of record. Great, isn’t it?